I've been a bit neglectful and only posting about once a week. That's because we are thoroughly enjoying our summer right now! We have been taking advantage of the sunny days to go to the pool. I don't know if this is a nationwide promo or not, but if it is you may want to know that Starbucks has iced coffees for $1.95!! I have been getting one a day for like two weeks! Hehheh! =) Here I was proud for spending only $3 for the iced mochas at McD's. It's for the grande size and you can get one flavor. I lurve me some caramel iced coffee!!
Here is what I am thankful for this week:
1. Don Chavez Mexican restaurant (a new find here in the Fort. . .yay for authentic Mexican!!)
2. Sleeping in. . .need I say more?
3. My kids being home. I love having them home - despite the fact that I have to referee numerous arguments throughout the day - I like to do crafts with them and play outside and run errands and make snowcones together.
4. $1.95 Starbucks Iced coffees (see above) ;-)
5. My new fire pit! Using it this weekend with our friends.
Here is what I have been working on this week. . .
a fun new lo using kitschy digitals and Sass Lass and other goodies! Oh yeah. . .and it is a lift from this lo!
Saw this thread on Decor 8 blog and was immed. inspired. I find these kind of paintings all of the time at garage sales for next to nothing. In fact, this was thrown in for free with another purchase I made at a garage sale! I love how it turned out. I white washed the frame. . .er. . .with teal that is, and reverse appliqued fun paper to the painting. Then I added a few tidbits all from Kenner Road kits
I found this artist while blog hopping one day - don't you love when that happens? I found the book on Amazon and have been so inspired by it! I love her journals for her boys. I would love to do something like that for my kids if I could find the extra time. It looks so whimsical and fun and messy. . .I love messy. =)
Okay don't laugh. . .but here is my take on one of her techniques. . . =)
So I did fit some crafting in this week afterall! Yay for time management! Lol. Oh yeah. . .and my house is clean! Woot!
So I'll leave some other goodies for another day, but for now - have a happy weekend!
Stories Revisited Sale Coming This Week
14 hours ago