Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweets!

My oldest is 10 today! On one hand, I am so grateful to the 10 years we have been blessed to have her. On the other hand, I have sadness when the kid's birthdays approach because it is another reminder that life goes by far too quickly. =( I went to her bedroom last night and just looked at her sweet face as she slept and held her hand and reflected on 10 years ago, how I had gone to the hospital to have a procedure done that would flip her because she was breech. My due date was not until the 28th of Dec. I was prepped for an emergency C-section, should the aversion procedure have a setback. After the doctors flipped her (which was so amazing to see!), I began to have contractions and since I was all hooked up already - they broke my water and I was havin' a baby that day! She was a peanut - weighing 5lbs and 4oz. So tiny and beautiful with LOTS of hair! Today she still has LOTS of hair, she is so stinkin' stubborn (I completely think that her unwillingness to move into the birthing position was a sign of her stubborness). ;-) She is artistic, a daydreamer, a good student, loves to chat, loves Taylor Swift, having sleepovers, adores her little brother, loves to read Andrew Clements books, her American girl doll, journaling, knitting, sneaking candy (I found a nest of wrappers behind the couch while cleaning last week!), her alone time, building card houses (she loves to tinker and build things), enjoys helping in the kitchen, and like her mommy loves scrapbooking and sitting by the fireplace with a cozy blankie while watching movies. She is quickly turning into a young lady. *Sniff*












Happy birthday baby. . .I love you so much!
xo

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Bday! My oldest turned 10 in June and I can't believe how fast those 10 yrs really went. I hope she has a fun bday party this weekend...your cookie idea looks like a blast!

A Soldier Girl said...

aww tell her Happy Birthday ..