Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Here's to 2011


Yikes!  It's been wayy too long since I've blogged.  The truth is?  I just have not been motivated!   I try to keep it light hearted around here because it's not really my online journal, rather a place to share things that I love and that make me happy and crafty goodies.  I have just had a stressful few months.  Things aren't as bad as they were in the beginning of the year by any means, and I have so much to be thankful for!  I sometimes take on too much and commit to too many things.  With Christmas, I helped in the kid's classrooms and hosted get togethers, made gifts, among other things.  When I have too much on my plate. . .I kind of go into a tunnel.  It always seems to happen this time of year.  It is cold and gray out, sickness hits our house big time, and it's just a busy time of year.  I even had round two of shingles. . .it was in my mouth this time.  Oy!  Thankfully, I caught it quickly and the medicine kicked in right away.  Needless to say, I get the blues.

Anyhow. . .I really want to change the format of how I blog.  I want to stay motivated.  I would like to follow through with something.  Like so many others, I attempted the 365 and failed miserably!  I took LOTS of photos, but the difficulty comes in uploading them and blogging them.  I would like to attempt the project 52, which is taking a pic a week for the year.  That seems much more manageable to me!
I would like to introduce Tumblr Tuesday to my blog.  I know others do this and I am inspired by it.  I love to find new inspiring blogs through links on my fave blogs.  My tumblr is my online scrapbook of pictures that make my heart pitter patter.  So, I'd love to share a few of them every week with you!  I would also like to jump on board with the Wordless Wednesdays since I love the concept of just sharing a picture that speaks for itself.  :-)  I would also like to resume Five for Fridays that I adopted in remembrance of a friend - I blogged about it April 24, 09.   It is so easy to share 5 things that I am thankful for.  I need to do it more often.  I am putting this out there to kind of keep myself accountable.  You all inspire me and I hope I can inspire you too! 
I've also decided to give my blog another makeover.  New year, new look!  It's what I did last year, and I have fun designing the header and everything.  It will be under construction soon!  So. . .I'm starting today.  Like, right now.   Here is my Tumblr Tuesday. . .Ode to cute and colorful rooms. . .





Back tomorrow with Wordless Wednesday. . .
Btw - My husband, for once, got me what was on my wish list for Christmas. . .an iPad!  Any apps that I should know about?  Wanna know one of the things I bought him?  A skookie!  Haha!  iPad. . .skookie.  Think I know who made out better!  ;-) 

4 comments:

brianandcourt said...

love love love that purple room with the bed on the floor.
can't wait to see what other little happy goodies you will find & share!

Sara said...

Oh man.. this was like reading my own thoughts, if I had a moment, or the motivation to write them down. I use my blog as a journal, to remember things about my life, so I am missing out on a lot when I don't blog. I just can't. get. the. motivation!! I like your ideas though, and might need to use one or two of them. Especially the Friday thing

chinamommy said...

glad the skookie doesn't have anything to do with Jersey Shore!! I had to click the link to make sure it didn't have anything to do with Snookie! ha! and...only our 1st 2 days were really cold, so it was all good :)

Jocelyn said...

what a fun idea for sharing new finds:-)