Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blogging from Orlando!

We are in sunny Orlando!  Having the most wonderful family vacation complete with Grandma here for helping out (and having fun with us!).  Lots on the agenda of things to do.  The most important one?  RELAX!  I have had a good start to this one.  ;-) 
I'll have a few posts from here, as there are some things I want to share, but one thing has my heart heavy and I ask that you pray with me and post it on your blogs for others to pray, and maybe in our "sisterhood" of internet friends, we can lift our request up together.  One of my dearest friends has a niece who is going to be 10 this Thursday.  Her family has been missionaries in Haiti.  Very recently, their little daughter began having fevers, and then seizures and from there she has not improved much.  They were concerned first with Malaria being the cause, but now they think it is Meningitis.  They are waiting to know whether/not it is bacterial or viral.  She was flown to the states to a Children's Hospital and is in the intensive care unit.  She took a turn for the worst last night, but improved some today.  PLEASE join me in prayers for her and her family.  We want her to pull through this and be able to have a big celebration for her 10th birthday!  Her name is Katelyn.  I will keep you posted when I hear from my friend.  Thank you to my lovely readers/friends for letting me share! 
xo

9 comments:

Diann Hunt said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! I talked to her grandma the other day and she told me a little about it. I'll be praying for her and her family.

And I'm praying you all have a wonderful time and a safe journey home.

Love,
Mom

Crystal Laine said...

I will pray for her.

And hope that your vacation is refreshing and lifts you up.

Jocelyn said...

I will be praying for her. Our church supports quite a few missionaries in Haiti, so it is near and dear to our hearts. Have a great relaxing time in FL...we will be there in 2 weeks. Harry Potter here we come!!!!

Trish Perry said...

Oh, Amber, how awful. I'll definitely keep the poor little sweetheart in prayer.

Aaron Frey said...

Tears! I am overwhelmed w/all the love shown by friends & family today. Feeling loved and lifted up! And, the Neurologist confirmed that Katelyn was NOT having seizures when her eyes roll around abnormally. But, not sure if this is good news or bad. Assuming good! Thank you for posting, Amber. I love you. Kara

Deana said...

I will definitely keep Katelyn in my prayers...

chinamommy said...

praying here in MI. As a Mama, my heart hurts for this family...

Libby O said...

Saying prayers for her and family. Keep us posted on progress!

Camila Camargo said...

Beautiful blog!!!

Nice scraps and picture.

Hugs and kisses!!! :}

Camila Camargo