Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update!

Thank you all SO much for your prayers and encouraging words regarding my friend's niece, Katelyn.  She is much better, but I'm sure they would still appreciate your prayers.  She was diagnosed with viral encephalitis meningitis, and they aren't sure of the cause.  I understand she is still in the ICU too, but things continue to get better!  I would have updated sooner, but I had a very slow internet connection while in Florida. 

So we are back as of last night at around midnight!  It was very hard to leave.  I crave the sunshine and I love palm trees and there is always something to do.  I celebrated my birthday on Saturday by being awoken with a Starbucks frappe from my hubs!  We did some shopping, lounged around the pool, more shopping, Downtown Disney, and ended the evening with the BEST sushi ever!  I think I was just really really hungry, but it tasted so stinkin' good!

We stayed so busy, but still made time to chill.  One of the parks we went to was Islands of Adventure where the new Harry Potter rides are. . .and let me tell you they rocked!  Love loved the "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride.  Not only is the ride the best, but while you are in line in the "castle" it is just as amazing.  They don't leave any detail out!  Highly recommend it!   The kiddos were able to meet most all of their favorite characters!  The highlight for me was seeing Xander meet Barney and Spiderman!  It was so real for him. . .he is still talking about it and jumping like he saw Spiderman jump. :)

Some exciting news to that I've been sitting on and can finally share!  I'm now on the DT for PSA Essentials Stamps!  :-)   Have a looksie at the blog full of great ideas for Halloween decorating and teachers gifts among other things.  Their stamps are seriously SO so fun to use!  I am having a ball with them.  :) 

Also. . .with October here and costumes possibly already picked out and hayrides/bonfires under way,  the Crazy Daisy October kit is here!!  It is a great one too. . .theses ladies outdo themselves everytime!  I am in love with all of the papers and embellies they chose!  So, check it out before it is sold out again! 

Okay, I am dyin' here to show you pics, but blogger is acting up! Grrrr. . . . I will have to upload them all tomorrow in a purty collage.  So I will post again tomorrow! 










3 comments:

Deana said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY, Amber! I hope it's a FABULOUS year for you! :-)

Glad to hear positive news about Katelyn...

chinamommy said...

Oh, so sad you had to leave the sunshine for IN... I'm with you on the beach and sun, how I ended up BACK in MI I'll never know!
We need to talk photoshop soon, i'm SO confused as to what I can even do with this pgrm- i just got the photoshop 6 from ebay, the cheap version.... do you know of any good tutorial sites?
Glad to hear about your friend, we'll keep praying!
xoxo

Courtney Walsh said...

aw, glad you're back, Amber and it looks like you had fun! :)